Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Plum Crazy Purple

This is my first wedding inspired blog post. Showers and party posts will be included as well. Let me know what you think. I will use a lot of weddings that I attended or that I was attached to with Blacky Designs. So if you personally know me, keep a look out, your wedding might be featured. 

 I am a huge fan of the color aubergine, aka plum purple. My wedding colors were aubergine and silver so naturally I decided to do my first post on my favorite color. I had an April wedding, but this color is typically used for fall weddings. Personally, I feel this is a year round color. For Summer and Spring it can be accented with lavender and lighter shades of purple.

 This was me and a beautiful bridesmaids! 

 A classic calla lily is perfect for boutonnieres. These Black Callas (they are really dark purple), match the color scheme perfectly. The monkey tail accents give them that pop of fun that makes for unique designs.

Cake options are endless when it comes to design. Make your cake stand out with a fun designs like this.

This Blacky Designs creation was done for an October wedding. The colors were plum, red, and burnt orange. The red on this could be changed to lavender for a perfect summer wedding invitation.

We all love colored shoes, especially when they are on the bride! It's a nice way to add your color to your outfit without going over board. 

So enjoy your purples, and have fun mixing different shades and using unique textures to accent them!

No comments:

Post a Comment