Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chris + Rachel = Amazing wedding!

One of my good friends from college, Rachel, married her man a couple weeks ago. The wedding was in a beautiful location called, Fair Weather Farms in Monroe, GA. The venue was amazing. It is the ultimate setting for a Country Chic wedding, and Rachel's detail for all the decorations made it even more breath taking. I really wish I could post all of her pictures on here, but you can head over to Scobey Photography's blog page to see their blog on her event. They did some of the best photographs I have seen for a wedding, so if you are looking for a photographer, check them out.

I mean seriously, it looks like this should be in a bridal magazine, but no, it's my girl Rachel's wedding.

Anyways, I had the pleasure of doing the jewelry for the bridesmaids. It was so much fun making the designs. She wanted different jewelry for each of the bridesmaids, but wanted to make them similar. They all had different dresses, so we wanted to make sure the designs complemented each one. 

This was my favorite piece to make. We had designed this hair clip to originally be a hippy style head band, but it also had the clip in case her Maid of Honor wanted to wear it like a clip. She had planned to change it to the head band for the reception, but the way her hair was set up (with a ton of bobby pens in it), it wasn't cooperating.  Either way, it looks awesome!


muslin rosette and pearl/bronze cluster earrings 



Muslin and pearls as well as the vintage bronze colored metal are all incorporated into the designs. 


This keyhole necklace was one of my favorite pieces. The ribbon tie allowed the length to be adjusted and incorporated the wedding color of peach. 


Peach pearls, bronze beads, and peach coral beads


Bracelet for the Matron of Honor


These are hard to see from the picture, but the earrings are made of peach pearls and a vintage peacock feather! It was the simplest design, yet the hardest to make, but the end result was amazing!

If you would like to learn more about custom designs for bridesmaid jewelry, please feel free to send me an email. Kara@blackydesigns.com! 



3 comments:

  1. Kara!! You did such an amazing job!! I want you to make a keepsake piece for Heidi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wedding. I liked the flowers and the cluster earrings. They look really awesome. I will attend my friend’s wedding at one of wedding venues and planning to buy a beautiful outfit for it. Have seen a nice dress for the day. Will surely buy it for the event.

    ReplyDelete