Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tangerine Orange


I am normally not a fan of the color orange. It reminds me of too many sports teams that I cheer against. I guess for me, it needs to be the right color of orange. The irony of this, is that I'm wearing an orange shirt as I type this. Go figure. It is more of a pinkish orange, so I guess that is OK. Tangerine and Blood Orange are two shades of orange that I do really like and have found go with lots of other colors especially pink and yellow. 


A fun way to personalize your wedding is to have a "Signature Drink". This Blood Orange Margarita would be a perfect pairing for an orange themed wedding. The blood orange is a more exotic orange that has a deep orange/red coloring and is typically sweeter than your regular morning citrus fruit. 


This stenciled two tiered cake with the single flowers detail is beautiful. The orange color looks perfect against the smooth fondant finish and the delicate flower petals are a good contrast to the clean lines of the tiers.


If you want something with a little bit different flavor, try a Creamsicle cupcake! Cupcakes are extremely popular for weddings so why not do something that is a little out of the norm for flavor. Most everyone loves the taste of a creamsicle. Come on, the tangy orange mixed with the creamy vanilla, it makes the perfect combination once mixed together. I have tired a LOT of cupcakes in my day. Way too many that I should actually admit, but every creamsicle cupcake I have eaten as made me want another. 


Flowers offer so many options for an orange/peach/white/pink/purple combination. The ideas are endless with the beauty that has been created in nature. Mixing and matching different species and colors together make for amazing bouquets.


This dress is adorable! I found it on a website called Moon Light Gowns. I loved the rosette accents on the cream sash and the color isn't overwhelming like orange can tend to be with dresses. 



This invitation would make a perfect starting point for an orange accented wedding! Check it out on Blacky Designs' website!



No comments:

Post a Comment